8.25.08

is it really only 4 months until christmas? i cannot believe that. i refuse to. that means a whole new tax season and four months of no sleep and fourteen-hour days filled with stress. i feel like i just finished with this tax season. i think there is something that happens when we get old - thinking that life is passing us by too quickly. i have been thinking about that a lot lately. and about what kind of footprint i will leave on this planet. i am not talking in a recycle, earth-friendly, take care of the planet kind of way. but in a how will the time i get to spend on this earth affect the people that i will leave behind. not only my family, but the world in general, my church family, teens that i have (and will) ministered to, my neighbors, orphans in africa and russia. in the past few months i have really been wrestling with how God wants me to use the gifts He has given me so that i can make a change in this world that will long outlast the life i have been given. i want to love people the way i know Christ loves me - without one thought of how i fall short of perfect. i want to be a picture of that love that only sees a person as a piece of God's artwork. i want to be real with people. i want to laugh and cry and yell with them. i want to hurt with them and hope with them. i want to teach teens to love people that way. i want to be remembered for how i loved. i want to love so deeply that Christ is all anyone sees. i want to show that there is hope and that it can be found in a home for an orphan, in a well of clean drinking water, in a warm coat for a homeless man...

3 comments:

Robin in New Jersey said...

Hi! I just popped over here from Miz Booshay's blog. I too can not belive it's only 4 months until Christmas. I said that this year I was going to start shopping in Sept. We shall see.

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!
Angelique from Inspired 2009!!
I'm only counting down to May.
he! he!

Jules said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The printer I bought is Hewlett Packard HP Photosmart C4345 All-in-one. I didn't do any research... sort of irresponsible. It just needed to be compact for my tiny computer cabinet, cheap (only $77) and work with a Mac. So far I like it... but my hatred for my old one was so deep that there was no competition. Hope it helps!