i thought it was common knowledge...

after being stuck in the house the entire week taking care of my mother who hurt her knee, my amazing best friend took over today and told me to go take a break. of course i headed to target. i mean, really, where else would you go after spending an entire week inside. i try to always bring my own bags for my stuff. i got some great ones at ikea for so so cheap.
so as i was checking out i placed my bag on the conveyor and told the check out girl that i had another if she needed it. there were a few items that were large so i told her to skip the bag altogether. so when she handed me my filled bag, she said, "so you don't like plastic or something?" and for a minute i thought the entire recycling movement was something i had created in my own mind. then i realized that one of my reusable bags was from target. i kind of just nodded and maybe i said no, i can't actually remember because i was so confused by the fact that the girl did not seem to not that plastic bags are just little piles of trash that will stay in the landfills for 10 years before they begin to degrade. or maybe it was a little confusing because the first item that i purchased was an industrial size pack of paper towels...

2 comments:

MelB said...

hahahahaha....ok...I am cracking up over this "for a minute i thought the entire recycling movement was something i had created in my own mind." Good post!

this is us said...

what is this ikea and trader joes taunting? meanie.