quilting with my kitty...


well, i gave up on cleaning to keep warm and decided that quilting would do the trick. i usually hate how hot i get when i am ironing seams, but not last night. bring on the heat. did i mention the guy comes tomorrow to turn the heat on. i might just kiss him...
for all of those who want to start sewing/quilting and ask questions about machines... i don't think you have to have a fancy machine with all of the bells and whistles. i have 2 machines. one is a basic singer and the other is a small janome hello kitty machine (i told you i liked her). it was a christmas present last year since i had misplaced my singer in our move. but i love her so much. and it says "sewing pretty with hello kitty" on the front. how could you not love that! it is so convenient and quiet. i can sew right in front of the tv. i use it for piecing mainly and reserve the singer for the actual quilting. so if you don't have a machine, go get one. hk(hello kitty) was only like 50 bucks. if you don't want to have a small cat to talk to while you sew, they do have a generic, boring version. just get one... let me know what you make. and if you look closely in the picture you will see that i had a real live kitty keeping me company too. that's taco. she doesn't like hk because when i am playing with her i am not loving on taco.
be brave
<3 anna

3 comments:

Pauline said...

That is a cool machine, i'm looking to buy a new one but haven't seen anything £50 or under.
By the way, didn't someone said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?
:o)

MelB said...

I would love to get a small sewing machine for crafting. $50 is a great price but I still can't justify getting one right now. I don't think I would use it enough but if I did get one, I would get the Hello Kitty. My 28 year old niece would flip out. She loves HK.

Anonymous said...

HK all the way!