i can't remember...

any thanksgiving dinners at my house before i went away to college. i asked my mom if we celebrated when i was a kid and she looked at me like i was crazy. so i guess it is the first sign of aging... memory loss...
so i have spent all night trying to think up stuff from my childhood. i actually had an awesome childhood, that is why i was confused when i couldn't remember celebrating thanksgiving...
so on this thanksgiving eve, i have decided to share some things i am thankful for from my childhood. and for some of you offer a stroll down memory lane - although, apparently my memory isn't what it used to be.
what was i doing again... oh yeah...


i got one of these for christmas one year and it proceeded to pee on my sister. best gift yet...


my favorite cartoon to this day. it is all i want to watch when i am home sick. they still make me laugh out loud.


i loved watching these guys on sat morning cartoons...


on vacation one year my mom got me one of these. on the way back to the beach cottage it flew out the rear window of our station wagon. you remember the seats in the way back that faced the other cars... my mom actually went back and looked for it in the dark...


an afternoon cartoon favorite...


i loved this tv show and was convinced that i would do better in school if i got to live with all of my friends... college proved me wrong.


i loved these guys...


my mom paid a fortune for mine when it first came out. at least she didn't beat anyone up for it... at least i think she didn't...


nothing is as funny as carol burnett. period.


oh the hours i wasted on this machine. now i have replaced it with the internet.




have a wonderful thanksgiving, friends!
be brave...

1 comments:

this is us said...

Avi adores Tom and Jerry like you wouldn't believe. :)

We have that Atari thing - it will be in your room while you're here. It's not a Wii - we kick it old school around here.

I think your mom beat up my dad for the cabbage patch and that's why I didn't get one that first year they were hot.