m.i.a...

i have been totally missing in action for the past week. mel was home all last week with the stomach thing. and then we had company come in town wednesday night from sweden. it was so great to spend time with marika and magnus. now i am totally beat.
but i finally got a new cell phone. hopefully i will be able to keep this one longer than ten days before i break it. is feeds my iphone desire but is with verizon and much cheaper.
i have been working on baby quilts. i have 2 "boy" ones that are almost ready to be quilted and a "girl" one i am still piecing. i really want to get some up in my etsy shop. but, to be honest, it is scary to put stuff in there. what if no one likes it... what if it is crappy... so i am just spending time telling myself that i am not good enough to make stuff people will buy. i know, really productive...
i refuse to believe that one month from today will be christmas. i have such mixed emotions this time of year. i LOVE christmas. it is my favorite holiday and my birthday is 12/18 so it is always a good time of year... but as an accountant it means that... tax season is coming. ugh. i love doing taxes and i love all my clients. well, most of them at least. but tax season is daunting. fifteen hour days, not enough crafting, too little sleep, wearing the same clothes three days in a row... i mean... um...
so yeah, thanksgiving is in 2 days!!! woo hoo!!! we are going to my wonderful sister's house this year. that means i make 2 pies and open 2 cans of cranberry sauce (they don't like the real stuff), play video games with my nieces and nephew and i am done!! needless to say i am happy about not having to cook. although, it will be interesting with mel's stomach deal. we may be having pureed turkey... suddenly i am not so excited anymore...

3 comments:

Kris said...

Thanksgiving will be awesome! And Christmas will be even better! Tax season will be fine as long as you ask Him upstairs to help you out. And even if you wore the same outfit 10 days in a row and never showered, I would still love you! (But you might have to shower before I hug you, lol. :-P) Anywhos, just enjoy Thanksgiving and the smells that come along with it. (Just puree Mel's food and eat yours whole.. lol). Well, I best get going, I got an apple pie in the oven, and three pudding pies to make and then a pumpkin pie to make and bake... pheww... I is a busy lil baker bee... LOVE YOU!

<3
Petey

this is us said...

can non-accountants wear clothes three days in a row? Probably, if they homeschool. In fact, said people probably wear them to bed in between those days too. I SO VERY MUCH LOVE my new Old Navy sweat pants and fleece and am contemplating buying another identical set so I can wear them EVERY day.

this is us said...

I bought the identical set. Really. Well, the fleece is a tad lighter than the first - the pants are exact.