one little word...

can make a difference...
there are tons of us who are adopting this idea. it all started with ali edwards (i think). the idea is that you choose a word to focus on for the year. i thought the concept was really great so i decided to join the gang. so...
my word for 2009 is
connect
i believe that being a christian means that we are in relationship with a God who wants to be in relationship with us. He seeks to connect with us. Jesus was all about connecting with people when He was walking on this earth. for me, 08 left me feeling horribly disconnected - from God, friends, my church family... and i realized that i yearn to have connection with those people. and i need to connect with myself. to take time to cultivate the interests that God has placed in my heart. so i want to find ways to connect with those folks that have been placed in my life. i know that will mean purposeful action on my part. i will leave the rest to God - the intertwining of hearts, the fellowship of spirit... that is all on Him. i will find some way to connect with someone each day of this year. that includes all you dear friends who are reading this post... so leave me a comment with any creative ideas you have for connecting.
be brave...
<3 anna

5 comments:

Chiara said...

okay I totally love your word.

Casii said...

Great word with great intention!
I had been feeling disconnected from my church family for a couple of years after some church upheaval, but God reeled me in with youth ministry and I connect with them daily.

Even when we feel disconnected, He's always there waiting for us to be receptive and open that door to connect.

morningDove said...

let's meet before Inspired and do lunch or dinner coming from Williamsburg can't be that bad. my one word God gave me "Healing". last year was prosperity. looking forward to meeting you.

MelB said...

You just have to do it Anna. You have to put yourself out there. Relationships are soo important especially if you are a Christian. We need to build meaningful relationships to share God's Word with unbelievers and to build up and encourage fellow Christians. I am not a phone person but sometimes I make myself call someone who I have not talked to in awhile. Sometimes if I have too many things to do I ask myself, which will encourage or build a relationship? Don't know if I am making sense....

I like your word. I had chosen a word last year and would like to do it again this year. When I choose my word I'll let you know. Are you going to scrap it? I did last year and put it where I could see it each day.

Anonymous said...

AnnA! i had no idea you had a blog! i loved reading it...i think you have inspired me to start a blog or something..i hope we can hang out soon. love ya!