oh, to live by the sea...

is a marvelous thing indeed. for my entire life, this is what has been at the end of my street...

during college in chicago i ached for the smell of the salt air and the feel of sand under my feet and it didn't take long to make my way to the shore each time i came home. my seventeen year old brain could not fathom that there were actually people who had never seen the beauty of the ocean. this is the place that calms me. where i am reminded of my smallness. the one place i go when i am confused or hurting or happy or longing to be closer to a God who loves me enough to know that i needed to grow up two blocks from the shore.



today was olive's first visit to the shore. and i do believe she loved it. i am not sure she felt the calm but she was definitely excited about the kids in the playground and all the other dogs that were there. and she really didn't understand what all those crazy birds were cawing about. i wonder that myself sometimes...

2 comments:

Kris said...

Oh how I miss that beach. Although, I can't complain, the beaches here are straight out of paradise I think. Lol. But, omg! Olive! She is getting so big already! Riley loves the beach too. :)

MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!

MelB said...

That's so nice. I love going there and seeing no one. How far are you from the beach?