tell someone you love them...but don't send veggies!



it all started a few years back when my mother crossed over into the grandma category as far as gift giving goes. you know those gifts i mean... the sweater with an embroidered cat who is missing one ear, new underwear or socks, or a collection of weird figurines. so a couple of christmases ago my sisters each opened up a package with EIGHT creepy vegetable figurines with dangling arms and legs. i really did try to keep my composure - while surveying the packages to make sure there was not a similar one for me. but i couldn't hold it in anymore. as i began laughing my sisters realized that i had been spared. of course, mom didn't understand why we were laughing at those adorable veggies that only cost her 14.99 per set! i am not sure when my sisters hatched their plans, but the following tax season i found all sixteen of those vegetables expertly hidden in my files and drawers. my secretary was startled one day as she opened up a drawer to be greeted by a smiling eggplant. these precious veggies have been hidden at thanksgiving gatherings, sent in the mail, hidden in flower arrangements and placed in luggage, tackle boxes and shoes. well, today i received one in the mail as a valentine's day gift from my wonderful sister, rose. i am sure it will not take long for it to make it's way back to houston. if you are headed that way, let me know so i can send a few veggies with you. and don't let the picture fool you. they aren't that cute in person. trust me.

1 comments:

Kris said...

OMGoodness! No Anna! You did not post them here... I thought I had seen the last of the veggies when I left VA. Oh poo. Oh I know... you should send them to me then I will send them to Rose... HAHA. She will be like... Japanese Veggies?? No! Creepy Veggies! LOL... or maybe customs will confiscate them for being too creepy....