tuesday tirade: i couldn't leave well enough alone...


at least that is what my mom always told me and today i think it applies.
as i was running errands this afternoon i was lamenting because i did not have a tuesday tirade ready. and since i made such big promises last week i knew i had to deliver... you can only imagine the pressure.
so my friend is getting married in 2 months and she asked me to be in the wedding. the friendship is the good part of the deal, the squeezing into a dress... not so much. today was the special day. we met up at the bridal store this evening and we were told to try on the separates for size and fit and then we would order the proper size and color combo. sounds easy, right? that's what we thought too until we went to check out.
after i tried on a collection of various skirts and tops...

sidebar- WHY in the heck do they have a MILLION mirrors in those places? i really don't want to see what i look like in the back. i am happy living in the land of my delusion where i look perfect in the dress. and to not have ANY mirrors in the actual dressing room is just cruel. you have to actually leave the room to see how hideous you look. thank you david's bridal for that reality smack in the face...
back to the actual tirade (see you waited 2 weeks and not only do i give you one tirade but i give you a tirade and a half)

so as we are checking out the lady says, "oh, these are on sale." and i think SCORE!! and then i realize the expression on her face doesn't really reflect my excitement. "well, they might not have them in your size," she responds. okay. so you are telling me that i spent an hour of my life embarassing myself coming out of the dressing room with half zipped up dresses just to be told i couldn't get the dress.
at this point, i am trying not to get angry because ari, my friend and the bride, is so patient and understanding. so i go and get three more options. and they didn't have any of those either.
i am not kidding. i wish i were kidding. then i had an idea... search by my size and the color ari wants and i will get whatever you have. "we can't do that," she says. WHAT, you can't search in your computer by SIZE? do we not live in the twenty first century? i can surf the net while i wait at the bank, my gps can tell me right where i am at all times, i can chat with friends in denver on my computer in virginia for pete's sake!!! you can't search by size???
so now i am on the hunt for a dress, actually a skirt and top like the ones in the pic. white on top and tropic blue on the bottom...
so apparently i couldn't leave well enough alone. i should have just written a nice litte post about how great life is and how i didn't have a tirade in me... but noooo i had to wait all day for something tirade-worthy.
when will i ever learn...
be brave, friends...

2 comments:

Kris said...

psst... Not for my sake!

Sorry, I JUST HAD to say it. For old times' sake you know. :-P

I hope you find what you are looking for. Whatever you get, I know you will be fantabulous in. I better get pictures sent. I want to see you. :)

Love you so much! Keep on writing. I love reading your blogs.

this is us said...

:( I'm sorry.

I hope (well, let's say I KNOW) you gave all the David's Bridal staff plenty of seething facial expressions.