summer reading...

i have been on a major reading kick the past month or so. i think it might have something to do with some great books i have picked up...



this one is definitely my favorite. i picked it up at the new target and it consumed me for an entire day. read it.



this was another one that i read but wasn't too impressed with. i know i am in the minority here and there is an entire cult following but it just didn't blow my dress up, if you know what i mean...







i am reading this one now. it is an enthralling story. i am really enjoying it right now but often times the end of a book ruins the whole thing for me. i will let you know...










this one i didn't even finish. if i start reading a book and am not taken by the style of writing or the story itself, i don't bother finishing it. i know there are tons of people who love her, but once again, my dress just hung there with out even a slight breeze...
read any good books lately???
be brave, friends...

3 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

"Water for Elephants" - great story, started out weird with some flash-back type of stuff, but once I figured it out, I was totally sucked in & read it in less than a day... and I have a bookshelf post scheduled for tomorrow, so you can see what I will be reading on vacay in a month ;)

Stephanie said...

I just finished "Brooklyn" by Colm Toibin. Fabulous historical fiction set in New York and Ireland in the late 1940's. I loved it!

this is us said...

Just finished "Handle with Care" by Jodi Picoult - I know it's not deep fiction, but I like her. Also no dress-blowing for me with Janey Evanovich. And just picked up "The Girl Who Stopped Swimming" - for which I'll have to take a break from "A Short History of Nearly Everything" to read (I could use a break because my brain hurts a little).