in 88 days...

i might need cpr. just warning you.
in a moment of what can only be described as utter craziness i decided to run a 5k. and not only that, i actually told a friend about it. see, it isn't real until you talk about it - hence the delay in this post. but kristy is a really great friend who has been a runner for a while and has really taken me under her wing. and man do i need it! if you know me even a bit you might guess that running isn't one of my daily activities - until now. what was i thinking!!?
but my dear coach kristy has actually made me believe that i can do it. i got a lecture about the right shoes, how i am no spring chicken(how dare she!) so i need to listen to my body when i am running. little does she know that my body is going to be cursing me the entire time, but i digress. she even found a few training plans that might work for me. this is the one that i am doing. it seems do-able even for a couch potato like me. so on august 29 i will be joining other runners/walkers at the east coast surfing championship 5k race and i want to hear you people cheering for me.
and between now and then if you see a blond lying on the side of the road gasping for breath please stop and give me a pepsi... and some oxygen... and a ride home.

5 comments:

Chiara said...

Anna you can do it. I did mine with very little training and can't believe how well I did so with your training it will be a breeze

MelB said...

You go girl!

this is us said...

i'll bring the pepsi!

heather said...

that is awesome! You do this and I so might need to take a road trip down there to cheer you on!

Kris said...

Can I do that running plan too? It totally seems do-able and I want to do it too.... can I, can I.... PLEASE?! I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU like freakin' CRAZY!