apparently i have offended my shins...


because they are revolting. i had a great run on thursday - early morning, beach breezes and new running shoes. can't get much better than that.
then i woke up on friday... and my shins decided that they would show me who is boss. it wasn't constant pain, just when i used my legs. maybe i can complete my 5K by walking on my hands? so i decided to give them a day of rest, that my muscles were just fatigued and i would get back on schedule today.
so when i woke up this morning i was shocked to find that my shins were not done with their vacation. they did not want to walk today, much less train for a 5K. as i consulted my doctor, um, the internet search engines, i discovered that i have shin splints.
and i should rest until i feel better... i feel fine. it is my darn shins that don't feel well. it should say, "rest until your shins have decided that they would like to run again. if your shins would rather recline in front of the tv or lay on the bed then you are screwed."
maybe my shins are mad because i haven't shaved. maybe i am not moisturizing enough.
i better go practice my walking handstand.
be brave, friends...

5 comments:

amy fuentes said...

i had the same problem. it took a good two weeks to go away...and then it comes back every time i try to run! so...i walk. you can walk a 5k - i've done it. twice. lots of other people do it too, so you won't feel silly. my goal was to "not be last!" good luck! :)

Heather said...

lovely photo. can't say the same about your shins--ingrates! I had to quit the treadmill at the gym and do the elliptical or arc trainer because my heel/achilles kept acting up. I don't suppose there are 5k arc trainer races? I hate to run in any case. Find us a walk/run 5k to do and I'm in!

MelB said...

Yikes! YOU be brave GF!

this is us said...

Is it the new shoes? Probably no one told THEM there was a 5K involved.

MelB said...

How are those shins today?